Easy peasy to prepare, summer salads are all about the right combination of ingredients – and this crunchy combination of peas, radicchio, courgette and radish definitely fits the bill. Impress your friends at your beginning of the summer soiree with an elegant feast for both the eyes and the taste buds – it’s the perfect tasty treat for lazy evenings shared with friends (and a few glasses of pimms!)
Pea and Radicchio Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
1 cup/ 150 g of fresh garden peas
2 small red radicchio, thinly sliced
1 large courgette, cut into small sticks
8-10 radish, cut into thin circles
a handful of dill, roughly chopped
4-6 mint leaves, chiffonade
1 garlic clove, crushed with the heel of your knife
salt and pepper
- Boil the peas for 3-5 min or until they rise to the top (cooked), drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Sauté the courgette sticks in a bit of olive oil and the crushed garlic for 2-4 minutes, just barely cooked. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the thinly sliced radicchio and radish with the cooked peas and barely cooked zucchini in a large salad bowl. Add the chopped dill and mint chiffonade and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients into a squeeze bottle and shaking vigorously for 2 min. Taste and adjust seasonings. Refrigerate until needed.
- Dress the salad with the mint vinaigrette and toss altogether. Taste and adjust seasonings.